[Reminder: 'click' on photo or text to enlarge, use 'back' arrow to return to blog]
Second Row: Ern Burrows, Br Doug Walsh, Ken Rolls, Br Eugene Dwyer, Bill Jolley, Br Gerry Rush, Ken Keating, Les Jones
Back Row: Terry O'Brien, Barry Hansen, Tom Lawlor, Br John Maybon, Br Julian Quinlan, Greg Parnham, Brian Greaves, John Hassett, John Kelly
Participants and partners
Standing at Back: Ann Burrows, Maureen Philp, Br Julian Quinlan, Barry/Marj Hansen, Hilda/Tom Lawlor, Meg Kelly, John/Val Hassett, Eleanor/Greg Parnham, Remo/Naomi Bianco, Brian Greaves, Br Gerry Rush, Lois Lane, Margaret Irvin, Br John Maybon, Br Doug Walsh.
Gordon Johnson, the new owner of 'Drusilla', who was there to welcome us, generously allowed us to use it for our BBQ. This was very fortuitous because the weather was wintry and damp. BBQ cooker was set up under the entrance arches, and the lunch was served up in what was the 'chapel'. The change inside 'Drusilla' is remarkable. All the 'dormitories' upstairs are set up with double beds and matching beautiful furniture. The 'dining room' is set up with a majestic 14 seat dining setting, and everywhere there are very impressive ornaments and trophies. Beautifully done. We were very privileged to have this opportunity to explore at will.
- That the next Macedon Reunion (14th) will be held in about 18 months time.
- That the venue will be determined following responses to the evaluation of this reunion.
- That John Kelly be remunerated for expenses incurred for this reunion.
- That Les Jones and Mike Doherty would join the Reunion Committee.
- To Gordon Johnson, owner of 'Drusilla', for his generosity in allowing us 'open house' for our visit, including the use of 'the chapel' for our BBQ.
- To Brother Jack Skehan (Drusilla 58) who did the negotiations with Gordon, and helped with the cooking at the BBQ.
- To Brother Peter Howes (Drusilla 54) who did the printing of the Reunion booklet and the new song book.
- To Brother Neil Emmett (Drusilla 60) who was our accompanist for the Sing-a-long.
- To members of Remar group: Lauren, Jasmine, and Josh for their presentation, and to Brother Doug Walsh (Drusilla 52) for co-ordinating this.
- To John Hassett, our after dinner speaker, for his very interesting and inspiring talk.
- To Holy Cross Centre, especially Maree and Francis, for their hospitality and understanding. Your efforts are much appreciated by all the participants at this Reunion.